Our Purpose, Vision, and More
École Forest Trail Public School –
where heart and mind grow … ensemble et fort.
At École Forest Trail Public School we believe:
• Excellence is achieved by developing potential
• Celebrating efforts and successes promotes growth
• Learning is a collaborative, co-operative activity
• Education prepares students for global citizenship
At École Forest Trail Public School we are committed to the development of the whole child.
Our vision is succinctly stated with these words:
Ensemble, Discover, Succeed, Citoyen Mondial
Our mission statement:
At École Forest Trail Public School, we inspire students to learn and succeed to achieve their full potential in a safe environment. As a community, we engage students through inclusion, collaboration and purposeful participation. We value the whole child and the development of global citizenship.
At École Forest Trail Public School, our Professional Learning Community operates around these ten general norms:
• Our community shares common goals to provide a unique identity.
• Emphasis is placed on the concept of the "whole child".
• Importance is placed on creating a safe, inviting environment.
• Teamwork, co-operation and collaboration are highly valued.
• Open, honest and ongoing communication is vital.
• Parents are partners in the education of our students.
• Shared leadership among staff members promotes learning.
• Life-long learning is important for all community members.
• Celebrate efforts and successes regularly.
• Learning is fun!
At École Forest Trail Public School we believe that these values are best demonstrated within a “Tribes Learning Community”. It is our goal to embrace the Tribes model and its four agreements:
• Attentive listening
• Appreciations/No put-downs
Appréciation/Pas de remarques méchantes
• Participation/Right to pass
Participation/Droit de passer
• Mutual respect
According to Jeanne Gibbs, the developer and author of the Tribes philosophy, “Tribes is not a curriculum, not a program or a list of activities. It is a ‘process’ – a way to establish a positive culture for learning and human development throughout a school community.”
By making the Tribes philosophy a focus at École Forest Trail Public School, ours will become a community that lives a culture of caring and learning; truly a school “where heart and mind grow … ensemble et fort”.